BigMat Malta WEBSITE PRIVACY + COOKIES POLICY
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU…
- We will only use your data to improve your experience.
- We will protect your data like it’s our own.
- You decide what and how you hear from us.
- If we don’t need it, we’ll delete it.
- Your privacy is our priority.
ABBS LTD., is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into effect as from May 2018.
Our Commitment to our Customers:
- Your information will not be shared or sold to third parties
- We use advanced security measures to protect your data from unauthorised users
- We give our customers the possibility to control the information that you have shared with us including opting out
ABBS LTD., is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date, every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data is accurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures
We will inform you when information that personally identifies you is asked for and you will have the choice to provide it or not. Generally, this information is requested when you install or download or subscribe to product updates, newsletters or other on-line services.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information that will allow you to use our products and services
- To automatically customize your documents with your personal information
- To administer our customer loyalty scheme
- To alert you about our marketing promotions, discounts and events
- Demographic information, interests and locations
We may also collect your name, language, currency, operating system, document searched and country information for an enhanced customers’ experience with our products and services.
When you place your order with us, we collect your details in order to process your order.
When you provide your personal information, you consent that it can be used for the above purposes and that ABBS LTD., is a data controller and processor of your personal information. In each communication from us you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from further communications, alternatively, you may contact us on e-mail address: [email protected], to express your preferences.
- Access to your information:
You are entitled to review the personal information you have provided us and ensure that it is accurate at all times. To review or update your personal information please contact us on email address: [email protected]
- Security of information:
ABBS LTD., is committed to protecting your personal information. We have taken security measures to protect your data, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. All personal data is stored behind firewalls on secure servers with restricted employee access.
We guarantee that all e-commerce transactions follow the latest security measures. Secure sockets layer (SSL) technology is employed when you place online orders or transmit sensitive information.
- Retention of information:
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the services requested by our clients, subject to any other legal obligations to retain further such information. Information associated with your account will generally be kept until it is no longer necessary to provide the services or until you ask us to delete it or your account is deleted whichever comes first.
- EU and EEA users’ rights:
If you are located in the European Union or European Economic Area, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances as described below:You have the right to access your personal data and, if necessary, have it amended or deleted or restricted. In certain instances, you may have the right to the portability of your data. You can also ask us to not send marketing communications and not to use your personal data when we carry out profiling for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving email newsletters and other marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in these emails. Transactional account messages will be unaffected if you opt-out from marketing communications.
- What we do with the information that you share with us:
Your information is never shared outside the company without your permission. Inside the company, data is stored behind multiple firewalls on secure servers with restricted user access.When you register to our website, you are asked to provide your contact details. We use this information to send you updates about ABBS LTD., confirmations and information about our products, services and events.
When you order from us, we ask for your credit card details and billing address. We use this information only to bill you for the product(s) you ordered at that time.We may on occasion require the assistance of other third parties to provide limited services on our behalf, such as packaging and delivery services. We will only provide such companies with the information required for them to perform these services. These service providers are bound by strict privacy policies and are prohibited from storing your information for any other purpose/s.
In very rare instances ABBS LTD., may disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law.
- Opting out:
We provide our users with the opportunity to opt-out from receiving updates on our products, newsletters and other communications from us. You can opt-out by contacting us on email address: [email protected]
- Changes to this policy:
- Enforcement of policy:
If for some reason you believe ABBS LTD., has not adhered to these principals, please notify us and we will do our best to promptly make corrections.
- Questions and/or comments:
Protecting Your Privacy
We, the team at BigMat Malta, strongly value our own privacy – and therefore are committed to protect your personal data (i.e. information that identifies you) as though it is our own.
If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, get in touch here:[email protected]].
One of your rights under EU law – the GDPR – is that you must be informed when your personal data – also known as personal information – is processed (collected, used, stored) by any organisation. You also have the right to know the details and purpose of that processing.
We assure you that we will only use and disclose any personal data collected from you in accordance with the manner set out in this policy.
Information we collect
Children Under 18
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
We will need to process personal data relating to parents or guardians in that case – and we may also need to request for verification documentation to ensure that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. It is not our business to do so – and we want to earn your trust and confidence.
- However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies in the group to which A.B.B.S Ltd belongs, as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities (especially licensed ones); This includes [insert entity name] – related entities and members of the [insert entity name] Group (our mother group). Related entities and subsidiaries use the information collected to help us improve the content and functionality of our websites; to better understand our customers and markets; and to improve our products and services. Members of the group vary from time to time.
- Other companies that are involved in the process of getting your purchases from us to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who service us in turn to operate our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Other companies that you may approve, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us) or payment service providers.
- In most circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However there may be occasions where we might have to – e.g. with a court order, to comply with legal requirements and satisfy a legal request, for the proper administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to fulfil your requests, to safeguard the integrity of the relevant websites operated by us or by such related entities or subsidiaries, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event involving us and/or our subsidiaries and related entities.
- When we do share data, we do so on an understanding with the other entities that the data is to be used only for the purposes for which we originally intended – again, we don’t want you to have any surprises.
- We may also provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you. Anonymous information means it is anonymous.
If we ever have to share data with entities that are outside of the EEA, we will be sure to do so in a manner that complies with the requirements established by the GDPR.
We would normally communicate to you about products or services in which you have shown interest – we understand that you would be interested in receiving this information as it is of use with the product or service. But rest assured, you can ask us to stop.
Also, if you have said we can (i.e. you gave us your clear confirmation), we will send you marketing messages by email or SMS, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
How to stop marketing messages from us
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time through any of the following methods:
- Through your website account settings
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email we send you
- By contacting our Customer Care team
- By sending us an email on [email protected]
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
If you ask us to stop marketing messages this will not stop service communications (such as order updates). This may be necessary of us to communicate to you as part of our services from our contract.
Seeing our adverts online
We engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products using targeted ads which may appear when you are on other websites and apps that offer such digital marketing services.
We use a range of advertising technologies like ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of our website (for example, your search history, and the content you read) or on banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
You enjoy several rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you;
You can access the personal data we hold on you by contacting us [email protected] or 23384400.
To process your request, we will ask you to send us proof of identity so that we can be sure we are releasing your personal data to the right person.
We will carry out our best efforts to process your request within one month or, if the request is particularly complex, two months. We can provide you with a copy of your personal data in electronic format or hard copy.
If we consider the frequency of your requests as being unreasonable, we may refuse to comply with your request. In those circumstances, if you disagree, you can complain to the data protection authority – in Malta, the Information and Data Protection Commissioner.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
We appreciate feedback from you to ensure our records are accurate and up-to-date.
If you think that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete please ask us to correct it by contacting us here [email protected]
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it;
You can ask us to delete your personal data; however, this is not an absolute right.
In spite of a request for erasure, we may be justified to keep personal data which we need to keep, e.g. (i) to comply with a legal obligation (for instance, we are required by personal data for VAT reporting purposes); and (ii) in relation to the exercise or defence of any legal claims.
When you ask us to delete your personal data, we assume that you do not want to hear from us again. To ensure that we do not send you any special offers in the future (for example, if we purchased your details from a third party list), we will retain just enough of your personal data solely for suppression purposes.
Other than as described above, we will always comply with your request and do so promptly. We would carry out our best efforts to notify any third parties with whom we have shared your personal data about your request so that they could also comply.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages;
- The right to object to certain processing based on legitimate interest;
You have a right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling using automated means.
- The right to request human intervention if automated processing without human intervention is used to make decisions having legal or similar effects on you;
- The right to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time;
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider;
You have the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one organisation to another. If you do wish to transfer your personal data we would be happy to help.
If you ask for a data transfer, we will give you a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form (e.g. a CSV file format). We can provide the personal data to you directly or, if you request, to another organisation.
Please note that we are not required to adopt processing systems that are compatible with another organisation, so it may be that the recipient organisation cannot automatically use the personal data we provide.
When making a transfer request, it would be helpful if you can identify exactly what personal data you wish us to transfer.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in Malta – the Information and Data Protection Commissioner (IDPC)
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us here [email protected]
Please appreciate that the rights must be exercised within some limitation – for example, if you ask us for information we can only give you what relates to you and not what relates to other persons. When we receive requests, we may also request that you identify yourself and provide documentation or information for verification (we would not want to disclose information to the wrong person). Unreasonable requests may be subjected to a reasonable fee or refusal to respond.
Security of your Personal Data
Security of your personal data is very important to us.
Where it’s appropriate, our website uses HTTPS to help keep information about you secure. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
You may complete a registration process when you sign up to use parts of the websites. This may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any such details should be kept confidential by you and should not be disclosed to or shared with anyone.
Where you do disclose any of these details, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken where they are used.
Whenever you create a password, then to protect your account you should choose a strong password, meaning it should be lengthy and include a mixture of letters and numbers with mix of CAPS.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can’t guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us.
Security measures which have implemented to secure information transmitted over our website or stored on our systems include the following:
- Use of secure servers;
- Use of firewalls;
- Use of encryption;
- Physical access controls at data centres;
- Information access controls;
- Use of back-up systems;
Please understand, however, that no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorised access or theft will not occur.
Changes to how we protect your privacy